Getting Started with Joanne Forkin Real Estate Group
Moving to a beautiful tropical paradise ranks high on many people’s wish lists but only a small portion actually do it. Why? It can be daunting to navigate the process of purchasing foreign property. It can be difficult to know who to trust in a new country to get the process done correctly.
That’s why we specialize in high-touch, personalized real estate services for clients seeking to purchase and create their haven in Tulum.
We understand that buying in Mexico is about creating the life you envision in your daydreams. We have intimate knowledge of the common obstacles and hiccups that creep into the purchase process and can help you sail through it all smoothly. We can act as a local guide for all the peripheral questions that will impact how you live here. We can also help you make connections in the community that will help to kick start the process of settling into your new life.
Ultimately, this is about matchmaking you and your ideal property through collaboration and local expertise.
How we work with clients:
- Our Pre-Visit Consultation.
First, we need to know all about you. Will this be your first trip to the area? Are you looking to make the move fulltime now or is this a 5 year plan in action? What are your past-times and favourite things to do in your community? This “get to know you” call is specifically to understand what you need to get out of your ideal property so we can narrow in on what to recommend and show.
- A Tour of Tulum.
Once you are on the ground, we’ll book a date to sit together and give you an in-person encounter with the town and potential properties. Typically we build an itinerary that includes:
- Morning coffee at a favorite breakfast spot in downtown Tulum
- Visiting beautiful homes and condos ranging from beachfront luxury homes to jungle retreats.
- Possibly meeting with a preferred local contractor to discuss your ideals for your home, whether close to the beach or in acres of jungle with spider monkeys and toucans as your nearest neighbors.
- Exposure to Tulum´s foodie paradise. Perhaps a beachside lunch sipping Thai basil margaritas? Or appetizers in the lush garden of a top-rated destination restaurant?
- Stops to address your specific interests; boutique shopping, physical activities, or natural wonders.
- Discussions throughout the day on “the details” of moving your dream to reality: establishing citizenship, legal and tax requirements, moving arrangements, or property management (if applicable) and more.
After 30 years of boutique brokerage success in the United States and over 6 years of on-the-ground expertise in Tulum, our goal is to be an active partner in helping you make the move. Integrity is key and we seek to provide high quality services based on US real estate law standards.
As Seen on House Hunters International
Watch Joanne in action on the hit series, House Hunters International. Shooting this episode with the HHI crew was a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience!